Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 pack Aloo Matar Recipe Kit (No. 47)
Produce & Natural Foods
- 1 cup Peas [shelled 1 cup = 6 oz]
- 1 piece Potato [1 large-sized = 0.7 lb]
- 1 piece Onion [1 medium-sized = 0.4 lb]
- 1 piece Fresh Ginger Root [2 inch long & roughly ½ inch diameter OR Equivalent]
- 2 piece Garlic Cloves (medium-sized)
- 0.25 ounce Fresh Cilantro [optional, for garnish]
Basic Cooking Ingredients
- 2 tablespoon Cooking Oil [Sunflower, Safflower, Canola or Olive Oil based on preference]
- 0.75 teaspoon Salt
- Cutting & Chopping
1. Chop potatoes in 1 inch cubes.
- 2. Peel & finely dice onion.
- 3. Peel & finely dice fresh ginger root OR grate using ginger grater.
- 4. Peel & finely mince garlic cloves OR crush using garlic press.
- (Layering Technique)
- Layer 1
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in wok/ pan.
- Layer 2
When oil is heated, turn heat to medium and add entire contents of Gold Pack to roast spices. Continue on medium heat, stirring often, till you smell slight aroma of roasted spices. It will take 10-15 seconds to roast spices if oil is hot enough.
- Layer 3
Add diced onion, diced ginger and minced garlic. Continue on medium heat, stirring often, until the onions become translucent and ginger & garlic loose their pungent smell and start smelling nutty & little sweet.
- Layer 4
Add entire contents of Black Pack, ¾ teaspoon salt & ground red chili (optional) and roast on medium heat for another 1 minute, stirring gently and mixing well.
- Layer 5
Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the spice mix, add shelled peas & potato cubes, stir it well, cover the wok/ pan with lid and cook peas and potato till tender.
- 1. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
How to Tell When Oil is Hot When a small piece of food (a bit of ginger OR garlic OR onion) sizzles immediately when added to the pan. Start Cooking only after all the Preparation steps are completed In Indian Cooking each step move fast so every ingredient should be in ready-to-cook state and should be close to the cooking station before starting cooking.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!