Cauliflower florets are seasoned with five spice mix of Bengal.asic
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 pack Phulkopi Chorchori Recipe Kit (No. 29)
Produce & Natural Foods
- 1 pound Cauliflower [Florets only]
- 1 piece Potato [1 large-sized = 0.7 lb]
- 1 piece Fresh Ginger Root [2 inch long & roughly ½ inch diameter OR Equivalent]
- 1 piece Jalapeno
Basic Cooking Ingredients
- 1 Tablespoon Cooking Oil [Sunflower, Safflower, Canola or Olive Oil based on preference]
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Cutting & Chopping
1. Peel & cut potato into 1 inch thick cubes.
- 2. Peel & finely dice fresh ginger root OR grate using ginger grater.
- 3. Vertically slit open jalapeno and de-seed it.
- Preparing Herb & Spice Mix (Layering Technique)
Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in wok or sauté pan.
- Layer 2
When oil is heated, turn heat to medium and add entire contents of Gold Pack to roast spices. Continue on medium heat, stirring often, till you smell slight aroma of roasted spices. It will take 10-15 seconds to roast spices if oil is hot enough.
- Layer 3
Add diced ginger and de-seeded jalapeno to the roasted spices. Continue on medium heat, stirring often, until ginger loses its pungent smell.
- Layer 4
Add entire contents of Black Pack, 1 teaspoon of salt & ground red chili (optional, according to taste) and roast on medium heat for 1 minute, stirring gently and mixing well.
- Layer 5
Add cauliflower florets & cubed potato to the herb & spice mix, mix them well with the roasted spices. Cover the wok/ pan with lid and continue on medium heat till cauliflower and potatoes are well cooked, stirring occasionally.
How to Tell When Oil is Hot When a small piece of food (a bit of ginger OR garlic OR onion) sizzles immediately when added to the pan. Start Cooking only after all the Preparation steps are completed In Indian Cooking each step move fast so every ingredient should be in ready-to-cook state and should be close to the cooking station before starting cooking.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!