Mushroom & green peas are simmered with delicate sauce of yoghurt, onions, tomatoes, spices and herbs.
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 pack Dahiwale Khumbi Recipe Kit (No. 31)
Produce & Natural Foods
- 10 oz Mushroom
- 2 cup Peas [shelled; 2 cup = 12 oz]
- 1 piece Fresh Ginger Root [1 inch long & roughly ½ inch diameter]
- 3 piece Garlic Cloves (medium-sized)
- 0.5 oz Fresh Cilantro [optional, for garnish]
Dairy & Eggs
- 0.5 cup Yoghurt (Plain & Non-Fat or Greek) [0.5 cup = 4 oz]
Basic Cooking Ingredients
- 1 Tablespoon Cooking Oil [Sunflower, Safflower, Canola or Olive Oil based on preference]
- 0.75 teaspoon Salt
- Cutting, Chopping & Whipping
1. Peel & finely dice fresh ginger root OR grate using ginger grater.
- 2. Peel & finely mince garlic cloves OR crush using garlic press.
- 3. Whip yoghurt to smooth consistency.
- 4. Chop cilantro leaves.
- Tadka or Tempering – Preparing Herb & Spice Mix (Layering Technique)
Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in wok OR sauté pan.
- Layer 2
When oil is heated, turn heat to low and add entire contents of Gold Pack to roast spices. Continue on low heat, stirring often, till you smell slight aroma of roasted spices. It will be take 10-15 seconds to roast the spices if oil is hot enough.
- Layer 3
Add diced ginger and minced garlic to the roasted spices. Continue on low heat, stirring often, until ginger & garlic lose their pungent smell and start smelling nutty & little sweet.
- Layer 4
Add 2 Tablespoon of yoghurt and stir vigorously until well blended. Continue repeating this, 2 Tablespoon of yoghurt at a time, for another 3 times. Continue on low heat till mix turns light brown and oil separates forming atleast 1/8 to ¼ inch on the edges.
- Layer 5
Add entire contents of Black Pack, 1 teaspoon of salt & ground red chili (optional, according to taste) and roast on medium heat for 1 minute, stirring gently and mixing well.
- Layer 6
Turn the heat to medium, add peas & mushroom, mix it well for 2 minutes. Cover the wok/ saute pan with lid. Continue on medium heat, stirring occasionally, till mushroom are cooked to desired texture.
- 1. Serve hot garnished with chopped cilantro.
How to Tell When Oil is Hot When a small piece of food (a bit of ginger OR garlic OR onion) sizzles immediately when added to the pan. Start Cooking only after all the Preparation steps are completed In Indian Cooking each step move fast so every ingredient should be in ready-to-cook state and should be close to the cooking station before starting cooking.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!