Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 pack Murgh Vindaloo Recipe Kit (No. 53)
- 1.5 pound Chicken [skinless and boneless]
Produce & Natural Foods
- 1 piece Onion [1 medium-sized = 0.4 lb]
- 1 piece Fresh Ginger Root [2 inch long & roughly ½ inch diameter OR Equivalent]
- 4 piece Garlic Cloves (medium-sized)
- 1 piece Jalapeno
- 2 piece Tomato [2 medium-sized = 0.6 lb]
Basic Cooking Ingredients
- 1 Tablespoon Cooking Oil [Sunflower, Safflower, Canola or Olive Oil based on preference]
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1.5 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- Cutting and Chopping
1. Cut chicken in 1.5 to 2 inch pieces.
- 2. Peel and finely dice an onion.
- 3. Peel and finely dice fresh ginger root or grate using a ginger grater.
- 4. Peel and finely mince garlic cloves or crush using a garlic press.
- 5. De-seed & finely dice a jalapeno.
- 6. Finely chop tomatoes.
1. Prepare marinade by mixing entire contents of Gold Pack, 1.5 Tablespoon of red wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt and ground red chili (optional, according to taste) to uniform consistency. Rub marinade on chicken pieces and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Preparing Herb and Spice Mix (Layering Technique)
Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in a wok OR saute pan.
- Layer 2
When oil is heated, turn heat to medium and add entire contents of Black Pack to roast spices. Continue on medium heat, stirring often, till you smell a slight aroma of roasted spices. It will be just 10-15 seconds, if the oil is hot enough.
- Layer 3
Add diced onion, diced ginger, minced garlic and chopped jalapeno. Continue on medium heat, stirring often, until the onions become translucent and ginger and garlic loose their pungent smell and start smelling nutty and little sweet.
- Layer 4
Add chopped tomatoes and 1 cup of water to the herb and spice mix. Stir it gently to mix it well. Continue on medium heat stirring occasionally till tomatoes become pulpy and their skin separate.
- Layer 5
Add 1 cup of water to the spice mix, add marinated chicken pieces and mix it well. Cook until chicken is cooked and fork tender.
How to Tell When Oil is Hot When a small piece of food (a bit of ginger OR garlic OR onion) sizzles immediately when added to the pan. Start Cooking only after all the Preparation steps are completed In Indian Cooking each step move fast so every ingredient should be in ready-to-cook state and should be close to the cooking station before starting cooking. Cooking Time Cooking Time quoted is in case Pressure Cooker is used to cook. If cooking in sauce pan add more water to prevent drying out.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!