Fine ground meat blended with chick peas, fragrant herbs and spices, pan fried to perfection. A delicate kebab from cultural capital of Mughals – city of Lucknow.
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 pack Shami Kebab Recipe Kit (No. 18)
- 0.5 cup Bengal Gram Lentil (Hindi Name: Chana Dal) [0.5 cup = 4 oz]
- 1 pound Lamb [ground]
Produce & Natural Foods
- 1 piece Onion [1 medium-sized = 0.4 lb]
- 1 piece Fresh Ginger Root [2 inch long & roughly ½ inch diameter OR Equivalent]
- 4 piece Garlic Cloves (medium-sized)
- 0.5 oz Fresh Cilantro
- 0.5 oz Fresh Mint
Dairy & Eggs
- 1 piece Egg [medium-sized]
Basic Cooking Ingredients
- 5 Tablespoon Cooking Oil [Sunflower, Safflower, Canola or Olive Oil based on preference]
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Cutting, Chopping & Whipping
1. Peel and finely dice onion.
- 2. Peel & finely dice fresh ginger root OR grate using ginger grater.
- 3. Peel & finely mince garlic cloves OR crush using garlic press.
- 4. Mince mint leaves.
- 5. Mince cilantro leaves.
- Cooking Lamb
1. Cook ground lamb with 1 cup of water, chana dal, ginger, garlic, entire contents of Gold Pack & 1 teaspoon of salt. Cook in pressure cooker OR sauce pan until lamb becomes tender.
1. Blend Cooked Lamb, herb and spice in a blender to fine consistency paste. Add minced mint leaves, minced cilantro leaves & diced onions to blended paste and mix it well. Add whipped egg to the blended mix and knead well.
- Shallow Frying Kebab
1. Break off 1 Tablespoon of the well kneaded mix and shape it into a small patty. Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in heavy base frying pan. Add 4-5 kebabs (patties of blended mix) at a time & shallow fry on low heat until crispy golden on both sides.
Cooking Time Cooking Time quoted is in case Pressure Cooker is used to cook.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!