Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 pack Sukhe Rajmah Recipe Kit (No. 06)
- 29 oz Red Kidney Beans [29 oz = 1 Large Can]
Produce & Natural Foods
- 1 piece Fresh Ginger Root [2 inch long & roughly ½ inch diameter OR Equivalent]
- 0.5 piece Jalapeno
Basic Cooking Ingredients
- 2 Tablespoon Cooking Oil [Sunflower, Safflower, Canola or Olive Oil based on preference]
- 0.75 teaspoon Salt
- Cutting & Chopping
1. If using dry red kidney beans, soak dry red kidney beans in 4 cups of water for 6 hours. If using canned red kidney beans go to next step.
- 2. Peel & finely dice fresh ginger root OR grate using ginger grater.
- 3. Deseed jalapeno and slit it length-wise.
- Preparing Herb & Spice Mix (Layering Technique)
Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in Wok.
- Layer 2
When oil is heated, turn heat to medium and add entire contents of Gold Pack to roast spices. Continue on medium heat, stirring often, till you smell slight aroma of roasted spices. It will take 10-15 seconds to roast spices if oil is hot enough.
- Layer 3
Add diced ginger and chopped jalapeno. Continue on medium heat, stirring often, until ginger looses its pungent smell.
- Layer 4
Add entire contents of Black Pack, 0.75 teaspoon of salt & ground red chili (optional, according to taste) and slow heat for another 1 minutes, stirring gently and mixing well.
- Layer 5
Add canned red kidney beans to this herb & spice mix. Add ½ cup of water to this mix and stir it well. Cover the wok with the lid and cook on medium heat till beans become soft or cooks to desired texture.
Dry Red Kidney Beans Dry red kidney beans can also be used instead of Canned red kidney beans. In that case 8 ounce of Dry Red Kidney Beans need to be soaked in water for 4-6 hours and then boiled in water till they are soft. How to Tell When Oil is Hot When a small piece of food (a bit of ginger OR garlic OR onion) sizzles immediately when added to the pan. Start Cooking only after all the Preparation steps are completed In Indian Cooking each step move fast so every ingredient should be in ready-to-cook state and should be close to the cooking station before starting cooking.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!