Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 pack Machhi Tikka Masala Recipe Kit (No. 58)
- 0.5 oz Fish Fillet [Tilapia]
Produce & Natural Foods
- 1 piece Bell Pepper [1 large-sized = 0.6 lb]
- 2 piece Onion [2 medium-sized = 0.8 lb]
- 2 piece Tomato [2 medium-sized = 0.6 lb]
- 0.5 piece Jalapeno
- 1 piece Fresh Ginger Root [2 inch long & roughly ½ inch diameter OR Equivalent]
- 4 piece Garlic Cloves (medium-sized)
Dairy & Eggs
- 0.5 cup Yoghurt (Plain & Non-Fat or Greek) [0.5 cup = 4 oz]
- 2 Tablespoon Heavy Cream [2 tablespoon = 1 oz]
Basic Cooking Ingredients
- 3 Tablespoon Cooking Oil [Sunflower, Safflower, Canola or Olive Oil based on preference]
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Cutting, Chopping & Whipping
1. Cut fish fillet in 2" slices
- 2. De-seed and thinly slice bell pepper, about 1” width cut lengthwise.
- 3. Peel & cut first onion into ¼ inch thick rounds.
- 4. Peel and finely dice second onion.
- 5. Peel & finely dice fresh ginger root or grate using ginger grater.
- 6. Peel & finely mince garlic cloves or crush using garlic press.
- 7. Deseed & finely dice jalapeno.
- 8. Finely chop Tomatoes.
- 9. Whip yoghurt to smooth consistency.
1. To prepare marinade mix whipped yoghurt, minced ginger, minced garlic, entire contents of Gold Pack & 0.5 teaspoon of salt. Apply it well to fish slices, sliced bell pepper & onion rings.
- Grilling or Shallow Frying
1. Grill marinated fish, bell pepper & onion rings OR Shallow Fry marinated fish, bell pepper & onion rings by heating 1 Tablespoon of oil in a wok on medium heat. Remove the fish fishes when they are well cooked (i.e. they start turning flaky). Keep cooking the vegetables till vegetables are nicely cooked. Remove the veggies from the grill OR wok.
- Preparing Herb & Spice Mix (Layering Technique)
Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in a wok. Same wok that was used for shallow frying paneer and vegetables can be used for these steps.
- Layer 2
When oil is heated, turn heat to medium and add entire contents of Black Pack to roast spices. Continue on medium heat, stirring often, till you smell slight aroma of roasted spices. It will take 10-15 seconds to roast spices if oil is hot enough.
- Layer 3
Add diced onion and de-seeded jalapeno. Continue on medium heat, stirring often, until the all onion pieces become translucent.
- Layer 4
Add chopped tomatoes, 1 cup of water, entire contents of Silver Pack, 0.5 teaspoons of salt & ground red chili (optional, according to taste). Stir it gently to mix it well. Continue on medium heat stirring occasionally till tomatoes become pulpier and when their skin starts separating.
- Layer 5
Add grilled/ fried fish slices & vegetables to the mix and let it cook for 5 minutes. Adjust salt & red chili, if required.
- Layer 6
Add heavy cream to the sauce and cook for another 2 minutes.
How to Tell When Oil is Hot When a small piece of food (a bit of ginger OR garlic OR onion) sizzles immediately when added to the pan. Start Cooking only after all the Preparation steps are completed In Indian Cooking each step move fast so every ingredient should be in ready-to-cook state and should be close to the cooking station before starting cooking.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!