Fillets of fish are marinated with tamarind & aromatic spices, rolled in semolina and shallow fried to create this crispy delicious specialty from Western coast of India.
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 pack Masli Tawa Fry Recipe Kit (No. 22)
- 1 teaspoon Tamarind Paste
- 1 pound Fish Fillet [Tilapia OR Cod OR Sole OR similar Mild Flavor Fish]
Produce & Natural Foods
- 1 piece Fresh Ginger Root [1 inch long & roughly ½ inch diameter OR Equivalent]
Basic Cooking Ingredients
- 5 Tablespoon Cooking Oil [Sunflower, Safflower, Canola OR Olive Oil based on preference]
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Cutting, Chopping & Whipping
1. Cut length-wise fish fillets in 5 – 6 inch pieces.
- 2. Peel & finely dice fresh ginger root OR grate using ginger grater.
1. Prepare marinade by mixing oil, minced ginger, tamarind paste, entire contents of Gold Pack & 1 teaspoon salt. Taste the marinade for Spiciness OR Pungency. Please note the marinade will be salty as fish pieces still need to be added. Adjust the Spiciness OR Pungency based on preference by adding red chili in increments of ⅛ teaspoon.
(Note the final amount of red chili added for adjusting Spiciness Or Pungency as it will come handy while cooking other recipes)
- 2. Rub marinade on fish pieces and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Shallow Frying
1. Heat 2 Tablespoon of oil in Frying Pan. Dip marinated fish pieces in content of Black Pack and shallow fry the fish fillets on medium heat till fish is properly cooked and fillets turn golden brown from either side.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!