This dish is named after the Indian Tandoor, a clay oven in which the meat is cooked after it has been marinated in yoghurt and spices.
Servings: 3 Servings
- 1 pack Tandoori Murgh Recipe Kit (No. 12)
- 1.5 pound Chicken [Drumsticks OR Any Cut]
Produce & Natural Foods
- 1 piece Fresh Ginger Root [2 inch long & roughly ½ inch diameter OR Equivalent]
- 4 piece Garlic Cloves (medium-sized)
Dairy & Eggs
- 0.5 cup Yoghurt (Plain & Non-Fat or Greek) [0.5 cup = 4 oz]
Basic Cooking Ingredients
- 0.75 teaspoon Salt
- Cutting & Chopping
1. Peel & finely dice one piece of fresh ginger root OR grate using a ginger grater.
- 2. Peel & finely mince 4 pieces of garlic cloves OR crush using a garlic press.
- 3. Remove skin from chicken drumsticks. Make cuts in the thicker part of chicken drumsticks.
1. To prepare marinade whip yoghurt to fine consistency and mix diced ginger, minced garlic, entire contents of Gold Pack & ¾ teaspoon of salt. Taste the marinade for Spiciness OR Pungency. Please note the marinade will be salty as chicken pieces still need to be added. Adjust the Spiciness OR Pungency based on preference by adding red chili (if provided) in increments of ⅛ teaspoon.
(Note the final amount of red chili added for adjusting Spiciness Or Pungency as it will come handy while cooking other recipes)
- 2. Apply it well to chicken drumsticks, rubbing well into the cuts.
- Baking or Grilling
1. Either slow grill it on Grill OR bake it in an Oven. To grill it, slow grill on the grill till chicken is well cooked. To bake it, pre-heat the oven to 400K, cover the baking dish with marinated chicken with aluminum foil and bake it till chicken is well cooked and then remove the foil and broil it on high heat for 3-5 minutes turning at least once till the outer layer of chicken pieces become light brown.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!