Fillet or steaks of fresh fish marinated with oil, ginger, garlic, lemon, cumin and other aromatic spices and then grilled or baked.
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 pack Tandoori Machhi Recipe Kit (No. 19)
- 1.75 pounds Fish Steaks or Fillets [Salmon or any other Full Flavor Fish]
Produce & Natural Foods
- 2 piece Fresh Ginger Root [2 inch long & roughly ½ inch diameter OR Equivalent]
- 6 piece Garlic Cloves (medium-sized)
- 0.25 piece Onion [¼ medium-sized = 0.1 lb]
- 1 piece Lemon (medium-sized)
- 1 oz Fresh Mint
- 0.5 oz Fresh Cilantro
- 0.5 piece Jalapeno
Basic Cooking Ingredients
- 2 Tablespoon Cooking Oil [Sunflower, Safflower, Canola or Olive Oil based on preference]
- 1.25 teaspoon Salt
- Cutting, Chopping & Whipping
1. Peel & finely dice one piece of fresh ginger root or grate using a ginger grater. Peel the second piece of fresh ginger root.
- 2. Peel & finely mince 4 pieces of garlic cloves or crush using a garlic press. Peel other 2 garlic cloves.
- 3. Peel ¼ piece of onion.
1. Prepare marinade by mixing oil, minced ginger, minced garlic, 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice, entire contents of Gold Pack & 1 teaspoon of salt to uniform consistency. Taste the marinade for Spiciness OR Pungency. Please note the marinade will be salty as fish pieces still need to be added. Adjust the Spiciness OR Pungency based on preference by adding red chili in increments of ⅛ teaspoon.
(Note the final amount of red chili added for adjusting Spiciness Or Pungency as it will come handy while cooking other recipes)
- 2. Rub marinade on fish steaks/ fillets and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Broilling or Grilling
3. Either slow grill it on Grill OR Broil it in an Oven. To grill it, slow grill on the grill till fish is properly cooked. To broil it set the temperature to 500K and broil it till fish is properly cooked and let it rest for 1 minute.
- Put mint leaves, cilantro leaves, 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 peeled garlic cloves, peeled piece of ginger, peeled onion, jalapeno, entire contents of Silver Pack, ¼ teaspoon of salt & ¼ cup of water in blender and blend till smooth.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!