Chicken is simmered in yoghurt, fresh herbs and spices and topped with cashew paste to create this mild, delicate & delicious dish.
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 pack Murgh Korma Recipe Kit (No. 08)
- 1 pound Chicken [Skinless Thighs]
Produce & Natural Foods
- 1 piece Onion [1 medium-sized = 0.4 lb]
- 1 piece Fresh Ginger Root [2 inch long & roughly ½ inch diameter OR Equivalent]
- 2 piece Garlic Cloves (medium-sized)
- 0.5 piece Jalapeno
Dairy & Eggs
- 1 cup Yoghurt (Plain & Non-Fat OR Greek) [1 cup = 8 oz]
Basic Cooking Ingredients
- 0.25 cup Cashews (raw, unsalted) [0.25 cup = 2 oz]
- 2 Tablespoon Cooking Oil [Sunflower, Safflower, Canola or Olive Oil based on preference]
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Cutting, Chopping & Whipping
1. Cut chicken in ½” thick, about 2” long strips.
- 2. Peel and finely dice onion.
- 3. Peel & finely dice fresh ginger root OR grate using ginger grater.
- 4. Peel & finely mince garlic cloves OR crush using garlic press.
- 5. Deseed & finely dice jalapeno.
- 6. Whip yoghurt to smooth consistency.
- 7. Soak cashew pieces in ¼ cup of warm water for 15 minutes and then blend to a smooth paste in a blender.
1. To prepare marinade mix whipped yoghurt, diced ginger, minced garlic, entire contents of Gold Pack & 1 teaspoon of salt. Apply it well to sliced chicken. Marinate the chicken for 20-25 minutes.
- 2. Soak cashew pieces in ¼ cup of warm water for 15 minutes and then blend to a smooth paste in a blender.
- Preparing Herb & Spice Mix (Layering Technique)
Heat 2 Tablespoon of oil in a wok.
- Layer 2
When oil is heated, turn heat to medium and add entire contents of Black Pack to roast spices. Continue on medium heat, stirring often, till you smell slight aroma of roasted spices. It will take 10-15 seconds to roast spices if oil is hot enough.
- Layer 3
Add diced onion & de-seeded jalapeno to the roasted spices. Continue on medium heat, stirring often, until the onions become translucent.
- Layer 4
Add marinated chicken with marinade, entire contents of Silver Pack, 1 teaspoon of salt & ground red chili (optional, according to taste) to the herb and spice mix. Stir it gently to mix it well. Cover the wok/ pan with lid and simmer on medium-low heat stirring occasionally till chicken is well cooked i.e. fork tender.
- Layer 5
Add cashew nut paste to the gravy and simmer for another 5 minutes.
How to Tell When Oil is Hot When a small piece of food (a bit of ginger OR garlic OR onion) sizzles immediately when added to the pan. Start Cooking only after all the Preparation steps are completed In Indian Cooking each step move fast so every ingredient should be in ready-to-cook state and should be close to the cooking station before starting cooking.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!